- Platform Governance
- Political Economy of Digital News Industry in India
- Platformisation of cultural production
- Regulatory Governance and Politics in the Global South
Current scientific, administrative and pedagogical responsibilities
- Doctoral Researcher at LabSIC & LabEx ICCA
- Member of the bureau of Réseau des Jeunes Chercheurs du Labex ICCA (2022-2023)
Simran Agarwal obtained her Master’s in Media Governance at the Centre for Culture, Media and Governance at the Jamia Millia Islamia University in New Delhi, India. Prior to her doctoral studies, she led the collaborative research titled ‘Media Influence Matrix – India’ at the Centre for Policy Studies, Indian Institute of Technology (Mumbai). This project was in collaboration with the Centre for Media, Data and Society at the Central European University. Her research work during her Master’s and professional career looked at media regulatory framework and limits to free speech and cultural production in India.
Her Bachelor’s degree is in Political Science from the St. Xavier’s College, Mumbai in India.
Les 5 publications les plus récentes
- Agarwal, Simran and Vibodh Parthasarathi. 2023. “Platformization of Matchmaking : Reconfiguring Social Economies in India.” Forthcoming
2. Agarwal, Simran. 2022. “State Interest in Content Governance Through ” SciencesPo Chair Digital, Governance and Sovereignty. August 29. https://www.sciencespo.fr/public/chaire-numerique/en/2022/08/29/state-interest-in-content-governance-through-platforms/
3. Agarwal, Simran and Vibodh Parthasarathi. “Rein and Laissez Faire: Dual Personality of Media Regulation in India.” Digital Journalism, Special Issue on Policy Making in Digital Journalism. DOI: 10.1080/21670811.2020
Autres dernières publications (collectives)
- Agarwal, Simran and Vibodh Parthasarathi. 2020. “Media Influence Matrix, India: Funding Journalism.” Central European University (Budapest)
- Agarwal, Simran and Vibodh Parthasarathi. 2019 “Media Influence Matrix, India: Politics, Government and Regulations.” Central European University (Budapest